Be More Dynamic with Our Interpersonal Skills Training
Some people make social navigation seem easy. For many, it can be as hard as navigating a jungle without a map. We will teach you social navigation strategies with the goal of enjoying yourself in every situation.
Interpersonal skills coaching is right for you if you ever feel:
- Engaging with colleagues or others is uncomfortable
- You are perceived differently from other people or not well understood
- It is a goal to expand your social network
- Starting, maintaining, or ending conversations is difficult
- Social gatherings of any kind professional or social is awkward
The goal of interpersonal skills coaching is to help you master people skills. With proven coaching tips, you can make better first impressions right away. Additionally, you won’t have trouble making conversation. It’s easy to start engaging with more people right away. Our interpersonal skills training will position you to be more socially savvy and confident.
Our Interpersonal Skills Training will teach you how to:
- Speak with more interesting melody patterns that present as interesting and likable.
- Eliminate the behaviors of sounding monotone, mumbling, talking too fast, or with a thin, nasal-sounding voice that’s undesirable for social interaction.
- Speak from your “ideal” pitch range and communicate with stronger and richer vocal tones that people find attractive and confident.
- Speak from a diaphragm breath. Diaphragm breathing is one of the best strategies for combating nervous and anxious feelings in uncomfortable situations.
- Use body language strategically to build confidence and send signals that show interest and that you are approachable.
- Ask open-ended questions that will build up an interesting conversation.
- Ask questions that draw out more information for good follow-up questions that show sincere interest and that you are listening.
- Learn strategies for improving your spontaneous conversational skills.
- Learn how to simplify complex and scientific information for non-technical people.
- Nice to Know vs Necessary to Know. Learn the difference between the right amount of information and too much, which can be overwhelming and cause people to tune you out.
- Learn proven cognitive strategies for enhancing confidence and improving social interaction.
- Learn proven physical strategies for burning out nervous energy.
- Liz Peterson, M.A.CCC-SLP has been a licensed speech-language pathologist for over 20 years and has operated a Denver private practice for over ten.
- Author of Speak Like an Expert and Sound Like a Leader (2023) 4th Ed. which is included in your class.
- Liz has extensive experience working with adults and children with social interactions, interpreting social codes and social behavior.
Look What Former Clients Say about Working with Us!
“Liz has helped me to sound so much better when I meet with important people. I had a big meeting with a school superintendent and my boss thought I would sound nervous. But she said I sounded confident and I did because I was using my new skills. Liz understood the struggles I was going through. She has a program but if you need other help with anything related to communication or leadership, she will give it to you. She will check up on you. She really cares about her clients.”
“I do a lot of group presentations and classes. I am aware of what I need to work on. The intonation I learned has greatly improved. The quality of my presentations is better and my confidence. Working with Liz was well worth the investment.”
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
We are excited to learn about your goals and together we will select a class that will best meet your needs. We can start the process today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does interpersonal training cover both personal and professional situations?
Absolutely. We address how to start, maintain, and end conversational topics naturally, along with other key topics. If you need to network or go to a party, you will be well-prepared to enjoy yourself.
Can interpersonal skills training be included in other programs?
Yes, all classes are custom designed to meet your needs. We get this request often.
Who would benefit from interpersonal training?
Introverts and extroverts. We all desire to look and feel confident, respected, and well-perceived by others. Not everyone is comfortable in every situation and that can cause some anxiety. We have many strategies to offer in the areas of communication, voice placement, and body language that can help calm nerves and boost confidence.
Will interpersonal skills training give me more confidence?
Yes. Having to interact with others in different settings can be nerve-racking. When you learn how to speak with engaging and interesting melody patterns and from a stronger and more powerful voice, along with some other tips and tricks, confidence is the bonus gift.
What areas are covered in interpersonal skills trainings?
All areas of communication, voice, eye contact, body language, conversational openers, and strategies for managing nervous situations are included plus anything else. Share with us an area of concern and we will have a strategy for that.