Private Public Speaking Classes
Sound like the Smartest and Most Confident Person in The Room
Looking for a Private Speech Coach?
Communication is the most important skill for being more effective, able to lead, and the pathway for growth and advancement.
Do you feel your presentations can be more effective? Do you mumble, sound monotone, talk too fast, trail off or have upspeak? Most companies rate good communication as much as education and experience. Do not miss an opportunity due to limited communication, a thin or weak-sounding voice, or poor presentation skills.
Private Public Speaking and Coaching Classes – Online or Onsite Denver
We understand that speaking before a group can be a stressful experience. We offer several approaches for becoming more effective with public speaking, business communication, presentation delivery, and using your voice more powerfully. With skilled communication, you can lead, persuade, and gain respect in every situation.
- Liz Peterson, M.A., CCC-SLP, a licensed speech-language pathologist and speech coach with over 20 years of experience and operating Denver private practice for over 10 years.
- Author of Speak Like an Expert and Sound Like a Leader (2023) 4th Ed. which is included in your class.
- Trained hundreds of individuals and companies with the goal of more effective communication and improved public speaking skills.
Private Classes for Public Speaking and Business Communication
4-Sessions Speech and Voice Clarity and Confidence Building Class
- Speak with engaging melody patterns, with sharp articulation and have interesting vocal variety known as professional intonation. Enjoy speaking with better fluency and at the right pace and speed.
- Eliminate bad speech habits such as speaking too fast, being monotone, mumbling, trailing off, or up-speak behavior.
- Speak from your stronger and more powerful voice placement.
- If time allows, presentation coaching or role-play professional situations.
8-Sessions Presentation Ready Class
Everything from the 4-sessions classes, plus:
- Diaphragm Breathing. Speak with a full breath for coordinating speech and breathing for high-demand speaking situations.
- Blending the 3 most important skills for effective business communication into a natural habit (intonation, voice, and diaphragm breathing).
- Hands-on coaching for presentations or relevant business communication topics.
12-Sessions Powerhouse Presenter Class
Everything from the 4- and 8-sessions classes plus:
- Physical and cognitive strategies for controlling fear of public speaking.
- Body language techniques for looking confident and reading the signals of others.
- Clear messaging and content writing.
- Current slide design: Fewer words and more visuals to become a storyteller.
- Intensive presentation hands-on coaching.
Other Public Speaking Training Options
Two-Day Public Speaking Seminar
Two-Day Leadership Development Seminar
Look What Former Clients Say about Working with Us!
“Her class has taught me to slow down. Liz’s teaching style is so different from what I have had before. She is about how to deliver that message clearly and with impact. She also focuses on how you sound. You know that when you sound good that you are confident. She knows that based on how you sound is how you will appear. Her training has helped me so much. I feel ready to deliver a presentation.”
“My goal was to speak properly and have the confidence to back it up. She made me aware of what I was doing wrong. I have gained a lot of knowledge, skills and confidence. Liz has given me the tools to achieve my goals and sound really smart.”
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
There is no greater feeling than when you realize your communication sounds convincing, your voice is powerful, and you realize you are effective. We are excited to learn about your goals and together we will select a class that will best meet your needs. We can start the process today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would speech or voice training benefit my career?
Improving your speech and voice quality can make a big difference in how you are perceived by others. Many individuals unintentionally have bad speech and voice habits such as speaking monotone, too fast, mumbling, trailing off at the end of sentences, or having upspeak behavior that can hurt clarity or leadership persona. In terms of voice, bad habits can include speaking in a pitch that is too high and sounds thin or nasal. Often individuals with these voice qualities are judged as sounding young, not confident, or competent enough for leadership positions.
Regardless if you work in business or media, or want to land that interview, we will analyze your speech and voice skills and immediately offer strategies that will improve your voice quality and speaking styles, as well as your confidence and leadership status. We offer different classes that will meet your needs.
What is a typical public speaking or voice class like?
A typical voice and speech coaching session at Speech and Voice Enterprises is direct and geared toward your specific needs, goals, and interests. A new goal-directed lesson is presented in each class. We will incorporate your daily routine, professional obligations, and the typical things you say each day into your program, so it is functional and custom tailored to meet your speech and voice requirements. It makes more sense to work around your professional script and daily obligations than to do “general speech and voice activities”. We are experts at identifying what is essential to your goals and creating a plan around your lifestyle so you will quickly achieve those goals and move forward with your plans.
How do you work with people who get nervous speaking before others?
All our strategies are proven and supported with data. Fear of public speaking is as real as flight, fright, or freeze. We work with both physical strategies on how to burn out that nervous energy prior to and during speaking. We’ll give you proven cognitive strategies with visualization techniques for negative thought stopping and using affirmations successfully. We know the fear of public speaking is debilitating and clients have reached out to us after their training to report how helpful these strategies were for overcoming speech anxiety.
Do these classes teach how to deliver a presentation?
Absolutely! We will teach you modern ways to deliver information that positions you to be a storyteller who sounds interesting and memorable. People will want to hear from you. If you choose, we will look at how to write content that is clear and easy to follow. We also teach body language techniques on how to look confident and more powerful. Plus, what to do with those hands!
Will my company cover the cost for my public speaking training?
Many companies will cover the cost for business communication skills training. Often communication and public speaking is a goal in performance reviews. Check with your manager or HR representative if professional development funds are available.