Workshop: Live-Recorded Accent Reduction
Watch and learn while our clients from India, Russia, France, Nepal, and Nigeria transform their accented speech into clearer English.
- See the instruction as if you are present.
- Practice the exercises along with the participants and hear helpful feedback.
- Common errors clients made are identified followed by coaching for a more accurate result.
What is learned across the 8 video segments (50 to 70 minutes each):
- Understand the cultural behaviors brought to English that do not belong and have a strategy for eliminating them.
- Master American intonation, the most important skill for culturally correct sounding English, and the pathway for more accurate consonant and vowel sound pronunciation.
- Learn simple and quick daily exercises for practicing new skills during the day naturally.
- Master how to pronounce the most frequently used American sounds such as /th/, /ing/, and more.
- Extensive American /r/ training
- Pronounce consonant sounds such as: /f/, /v/, /w/ and blended sounds correctly.
- Watch the participants improve their /r/ sound with more advanced coaching.
- Understand American resonance and how that applies to vowel sounds. Learn how to speak more from the mouth and less from the throat or nasal cavities.
- All vowel sounds are demonstrated: Front, Center, and Back Vowel Sounds.
- Breathe from the diaphragm as a strategy to control the rate of speed and communicate more comfortably.
*Throughout the workshop observe clients receive coaching and demonstrate new and improved skills across the many breakout sessions.